When you register your interest for Reading Interfaith Group, you give us personal data. We need this data to keep you informed of RIFG activities. This is what we do with your personal data:
- It is stored in a secure online database. Any hardcopies are destroyed within a week.
- The chair, vice-chair, membership secretary and treasurer of RIFG are the only people who have access to this database.
- The data will be held in the database for a maximum of 5 years, or until you unsubscribe.
- We will send you 4-5 emails per calendar year.
- If you have ticked the option “I would like to help organise interfaith activities”, your email address will be used by the chair to contact you regarding the work that you would like to do.
- We monitor how many people from each faith group are registered. Any outputs are anonymized and only shared within RIFG.
- To only use your personal data for the purposes set out above, and never share them with other organisations, companies or persons.
- To inform you immediately in the event of a personal data breach.
You have the right to unsubscribe at any moment. You can do this either by following the instructions in the emails that you will receive, or on the Unsubscribe page. When you do this, your records will be deleted from our database, and you will not receive any more communication from us until the moment you sign up again.
You have the right to know which data we hold about you and make changes in this data. You can send us a request using the contact form.